Did you know that one of the steps to stay fit is to control the portion sizes of your food? Nutritional experts recommend people to eat often and in smaller portions. Here are a few simple ways to eat smaller portions.
- Use a smaller plate, it tricks your mind into believing you are eating more
- Add a glass of water to every meal; it fills you up quickly
- Place small amounts of food on your plate; don’t add extra spoonfuls
- Avoid eating out of a bad or carton. Buy foods packaged in individual sizes
- Eat slow since it takes 20 minutes for the brain to perceive you are full
Greens – the power of houses:
To stay healthy sneak in green vegetables into your daily diet. Greens nourish and strengthen our blood and immune system, prevent cancer, boost our energy level and improve liver and kidney functions.
Here are a few simple ways to add more greens into your diet:
- Add a couple handfuls of greens to soups
- Drink fresh green juices (add an apple or lemon for flavor)
- Drink green tea
- Add greens into omelets
- Increase the greens portion on your plate and reduce the meat/fish portion
Health Tips by Dr. Sanober Rafique
Courtesy of The Express Tribune (Magazine)
Find more General Health Articles here.